Did you know that Vermont has the most breweries per capita of any state in the USA?! Beer-lovers are flocking to Vermont to try both innovative and classic brews; but Vermont is also a leader in local and craft cider production, and has a growing presence of wineries and vineyards…
Okemo’s Hops in the Hills Beer & Wine Festival
If you’re itching to get a taste of the wide array of Vermont beer, the Hops in the Hills Beer & Wine Festival is two weekends away (and just a 15 minute drive from Golden Stage Inn)! It takes place from Friday, August 7 through Sunday, August 9 at the Jackson Gore Courtyard.
The Hops in the Hills festival, filled with great drinks and food, craft vendors, live music, and outdoor fun, is certainly a highlight of any summer vacation in Vermont. If you haven’t yet been to Okemo’s Adventure Zone, it will also be open all weekend during its normal hours.
Friday evening, 5 to 9 pm: Enjoy live music from East Coast Soul, starting at six. New this year is a four-course beer pairing dinner featuring local beer and local ingredients from Vermont farms. The dinner starts at 6:30 pm.
Saturday, noon to 8 pm: Local restaurants will compete for the title of “Okemo Valley Chicken Wing Champion”. Five dollars gets you five wings and one vote. Live music by Big Fez and the Surfmatics from 1-4 pm, and by Gang of Theives from 4:30 to 7:30 pm.
Sunday afternoon, 11 am to 5 pm: Live music by Seeking Homer from noon to 3 pm, and by CK3 from 3:30 to 5 pm.
Food & beverage details:
- Food Vendors: The Common Kitchen Co., Squeels on Wheels, Good to Go!, Farmers & Foragers and Better Buzz Mobile Expresso Bar.
- Breweries: Samuel Adams, Switchback Brewing Co., Otter Creek Brewing Co., The Shed Brewery, Brooklyn Brewery, Magic Hat Brewing Co., Roaring Brook Brewing, Hermit Thrush Brewery, Mystic Brewery, Finch’s Beer Co., Lagunitas Brewing Co., Havoc Mead, Groennfell Meadery, Davidson Brothers, Harpoon Brewery, Long Trail Brewing Co., Northshire Brewery, Victory Brewing, Foolproof Brewing Co., Rogue Ales & Spirits, Stone Brewing Co., von Trapp Brewery, Shipyard Brewing Co., and Sea Dog Brewing Co.
- Cideries: Citizen’s Cider, Woodchuck Hard Cider, Urban Farm Fermantory, and Downeast Cider House.
- Wineries: Clifford Bay (New Zealand), Chalone (CA), Lincourt (CA), Cooper Hill (OR), Valckenburg (Germany), De Bortoli (France), Fresh Tracks (VT), Eppa (NY), Nieto Senetiner (Argentina), Nobillo (New Zealand)
- Purchase Hops in the Hills glasses and tickets in advance.